Collision Reports

Request a Collision Report: The Washington State Patrol Requests for Electronic Collision Records (WRECR) system will allow you to search for a collision report from a computer station with internet access and an e-mail account.

Report a Collision: The Washington State Patrol Online Motor Vehicle Collision Reporting (OMVCR) system allows citizens involved in a collision to complete and submit a collision report.

Analyze Collision Data: The Washington State Patrol’s Collision Analysis Tool (CAT) stores collision data captured by officer’s and contains no personal identifiable information (PII). This is ideal for data analyst or engineering groups.

Additional Resources

  • Request a Collision Report Online

    The Washington State Patrol Requests for Electronic Collision Records (WRECR) system will allow you to search for a collision report from a computer station with internet access and an e-mail account.

    Step 1) Visit the WRECR page using the link above
    Step 2) Provide the name of the involved party(s), the date of the collision, and select “Search”
    Step 3) If a report is found matching your request; it will be displayed
    Step 4) Complete your transaction to finish your request. If you wish to obtain a copy of your request, a fee of $10.50 will be charged per RCW 46.52.085

    It may take up to a total of 2-4 weeks before the report is available for request.

    Please note, individuals who are entitled parties will receive a non-redacted copy of the record per the RCW listed below. Additionally, those individuals or agencies that do not meet the definition of entitled parties will be provided a redacted copy of the collision report per RCW 42.56 Public Records Act.

  • Request a Collision Report by Mail

    Step 1) Complete the entire Request for Copy of Collision Report Form
    Step 2) Submit with a check or money order for $10.50 payable to the Washington State Patrol
    Step 3) Mail to:

    Washington State Patrol
    Collision Records Section
    P.O. Box 42628
    Olympia, WA 98504-2628

  • Office Hours & Contact Information

    Office Hours
    Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
    Except legal designated holidays

    Collision Records Section
    Edna Lucile Goodrich Building
    7345 Linderson Way SW, first floor
    Tumwater, WA 98501

    (360) 570-2355


  • Driver’s Record Information

    If you have a question concerning your driving record, please contact the Washington State Department of Licensing 

  • Request for Collision Data

    Submit a Public Records Request to the following State agencies using the links below.

    Washington State Patrol
    Washington State Dept. of Transportation
    Washington Traffic Safety Commission

  • Law Enforcement Resources

    All Fatal collision information is managed by the Washington Traffic Safety Commission (WTSC). Directly following a fatal collision incident, submit a preliminary notification to to begin case file management at WTSC.

    A Collision Records representative is available to assist you with any questions concerning the entry or completion of the Police Traffic Collision Report (PTCR). PTCR forms are available on request by contacting our Section. For instructions on completing a PTCR (Police Traffic Collision Report) please refer to the PTCR Manual.

    To order booklets of PTCR (Police Traffic Collision Report) Part A, Part B, Supplemental, or MVR (Civilian Report form) complete the request form and email it as an attachment to

    The Collision Records Section is not SECTOR. For questions regarding SECTOR, please contact SECTOR Support

  • No Cash Policy

    Our office does not accept cash for the purchase of a collision report either by mail or at our office using the kiosk. Our Section only accepts check or money order through the mail, and credit card through our kiosk.

  • FAQ’s

    How do I get a copy of my collision report?
    Use the WRECR application above to order and download your collision report electronically, or you can request a report by mail using the process above.

    Why do I have to pay $10.50?
    We are directed by RCW 46.52.085 to collect a fee for production of a collision report.

    Can I go to your office and get my report?
    Yes, there is a kiosk located in our lobby to search and order your collision report. Collision Records staff can assist you if needed. Please refer to office hours and contact information to ensure we are open and available.

    How long does it take for my report to be available?
    Officers completing the collision reports have 2-4 weeks to complete their investigation and have their report approved by their supervisor. It is typically available much sooner, but that is the guideline.

    Can you give me collision details over the phone?
    No, we do not give out collision information over the phone.

    What do all of the codes on the side of the collision report mean?
    Side coding is used on a collision report to categorize the massive amounts of collision details contained in the report. This Overlay Sheet will assist you in understanding what each box represents.

    I have a collision on my record, can you remove it?
    No, The Department of Licensing (DOL) is the custodian of your Abstract Driving Recoord (ADR). If there is a mistake on your driving record, please contact DOL at 360-902-3900.

    If there is a mistake on my collision report, how do I fix it?
    Only the officer that completed the report has the authority to make any changes to the report.

    How far back do your records go?
    Our retention schedule is 10 years.

    Can I get a certified copy of a collision report?
    Yes, but it typically takes 5-7 business days to complete that request.

    It has been weeks since my collision, I received a no record found on your WRECR application, how come?
    If an officer arrived at the scene and completed a report, they typically would provide you an exchange of information or direct you to our website, if the damage threshold of $1,000 was not met based on their observation, they would direct you to complete a citizen report. If unsure, please contact the officer or department that arrived at the scene for verification.

  • Laws that Govern Collision Records

    Additional RCW’s that govern Collision Records can be found here.