skip to left menu
skip to main content


District 7 · Frequently Asked Questions

If you don't find what you need, check the State Patrol's main FAQ page. If you still can't find an answer, write to us at:

Washington State Patrol
2700 116th St NE
Marysville, WA 98271-9425

Some questions may take ten business days to answer.

What is the phone number for road and weather pass conditions?

For Washington state road and travel conditions, you can dial 5-1-1 or our the DOT toll-free number at 1-800-695-7623. You can also go to the DOT travel conditions web page at

How do I get my vehicle inspected?

The Washington State Patrol no longer conducts out-of-state inspections. If you have a homemade trailer or a rebuild, please call (360) 658-1345 and follow the prompts to vehicle inspections. Further information can be found at the WSP Vehicle Inspections page.

How do I get my limousine inspected?

Call (360) 658-1345, listen for the prompts for vehicle inspections, then choose "9" for limousine inspections.

Where do I go to have my vehicle's emissions tested?

In Snohomish County, the inspection stations are as follows:

  • Everett - 1505 112th St. SW, Everett WA - (425) 347-5711
  • Marysville - 117 Beach St., Marysville WA - (360) 658-1137
  • Lynnwood - 19726 64th Ave. W, Lynnwood WA - (425) 771-7614

For more information, please refer to the Department of Ecology Emissions Check Program.

What do I do if I lose my ticket?

Please contact the court where the ticket was issued:

  • For Whatcom County District Court - (360) 676-6770.
  • For Skagit County District Court - (360) 336-9319.
  • For Island County District Court - (360) 675-5988.
  • For Snohomish County, it depends on where the ticket was issued. Please call one of the following courts for information:
    • Cascade District Court in Arlington - (360) 435-7700
    • South District Court in Lynnwood - (425) 774-8803
    • Evergreen District Court in Monroe - (360) 805-6776
    Court contact and other information is available from the Washington Courts Web page at

How do I file a complaint about a traffic ticket?

Once the ticket is issued, you will need to take the matter up with the court. Please refer to the back side of the ticket for instructions on contesting the ticket through the court system.

How do I serve a subpoena on an officer?

Court rules require a subpoena to be personally served on the person the subpoena is for. You can also leave the subpoena at the person's home. However, for officer safety reasons, we will not release where our officers live or their duty hours.

For your convenience, we will accept the subpoena for the officer during regular business hours, if there is at least seven days of advance notice, at the office in which that officer works. We cannot accept a subpoena for an officer who works out of a different office. As our people can transfer between offices, please call (360) 654-1204 to verify which office the officer works out of before attempting to serve the subpoena.

Additionally, you cannot serve your own subpoena. You must have another person who is over the age of 18, a citizen of the United States, and not a party to the case, serve the subpoena.

If you have any questions regarding this process, please call (360) 654-1204.

If my driver's license is suspended or revoked in another state, can I get a Washington driver's license?

Back to Top


Can I ride in the camper on the back of a truck?

Yes, as long as all seat belts are in use-although no one under sixteen may ride in the back.

Can I ride in a camper trailer?

No. According to RCW 46.61.625, no person or persons shall occupy any trailer while it is being moved upon a public highway, except a person occupying a proper position for steering a trailer designed to be steered from a rear-end position.

What can you tell me about the new intermediate driver's licenses?

Please refer to the Washington State Department of Licensing Web site.

How do I get a copy of a collision report?

Please refer to the Washington State Patrol Collision Reports page. This page will also give you directions on how to request copies of any other records involving a collision or traffic incident.

What is the current seat belt law and when are they required?

An officer who observes an individual driving a motor vehicle and not wearing their seat belt can stop the individual and take enforcement.

For more information on child restraint and seat belt laws, see the Washington Seat Belt Laws on the main WSP FAQs page.

I have contested the validity of the impound and the court ruled in my favor. How do I get reimbursed for the tow charges?

You will need to pay the tow company all fees due in order to get your vehicle released.  The Washington State Patrol will get a copy of the court order ordering us to either reimburse you directly or, if you have not paid the tow company, to reimburse the tow company.  Please note it takes approximately thirty (30) days after the Patrol is advised of the court order to get reimbursed.

My vehicle was impounded for 30 (or 60 or 90) days. Can I get it out early?

If you are the spouse of the suspended or revoked driver and can prove economic or personal hardship, you can request a review of your circumstances. If your vehicle was impounded in Snohomish, Skagit, Island, or Whatcom Counties, please contact one of our district or detachment offices for the Hardship Request forms. Please be prepared to provide copies of the following information:

  • Valid proof of insurance
  • Valid driver's license
  • Authorization to Tow Impound and Inventory Record (provided to the driver of the impounded vehicle by the arresting officer)
  • Marriage certificate
  • Additional information that would be beneficial to the reviewer.

Each hardship request will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. However, be aware that the suspended or revoked driver must first clear his/her financial obligations with the courts and obtain a valid driver's license before the reviewer will consider the request. The reviewer will also take into consideration public safety factors, including the suspended/revoked driver's criminal history and driving record.

The laws are very specific on when a vehicle can be released early on a hardship. RCW 46.55.120(1)(a) states, in part, "An agency may issue a written order to release pursuant to a provision of an applicable state agency rule or local ordinance authorizing release on the basis of economic or personal hardship to the spouse of the operator, taking into consideration public safety factors, including the operator's criminal history and driving record." (Emphasis added.)

WAC 204-96-010 states, in part, "A vehicle may be released prior to the mandated hold period if the employer or spouse of the arrested driver establishes significant economic or personal hardship with the district commander of the district in which the vehicle was impounded. In making a hardship determination, the district commander shall consider public safety factors, including the driver's criminal history and driving record. All hardship release requests shall be in writing. Any denial or approval of a hardship release shall be in writing and shall include factors considered by the district commander in reaching the decision." (Emphasis added.)

Should your circumstances not conform with the language of the RCW or WAC as stated above, you have the right to request a hearing before a judge within the jurisdiction where the vehicle was impounded to contest the validity of the impoundment. You may obtain the form to request a hearing from the registered tow operator who handled the impound. Per RCW 46.55.120(2)(b), the court must receive the completed form within ten (10) days of the date the tow operator provided you the form. If the court does not receive the request within the ten-day period, the right to a hearing is waived.

Adobe Reader Link Icon Please note that some of the documents provided on this page are available in Adobe® PDF format only and will require the Adobe® Reader in order to view or print them from your Web browser.

Back to Top

District 7 Map

Quick Links