Publications · Public Records Requests
The Washington State Patrol (WSP) is committed to responding to all requests for public records in a timely manner. To obtain a copy of a WSP report, manual, or other document, please use the following procedures.
Please Note the Following Exceptions:
- Public disclosure documents will not include conviction criminal history information. To obtain this report, please see our Criminal History Records page.
- Public disclosure documents will not include a copy of the Police Traffic Collision Report completed by the officer (RCW 46.52.080). To obtain this report, please see our Collision Reports page.
By Mail: Send a completed Request for Public Records form to the WSP office responsible for handling those records.
You can also send a letter request, but you must include your name, mailing address, phone number, date of incident, time and location, parties involved, case number (if known), and investigating officer (if known). You will also need to provide a clear description of the specific records being requested. Incomplete information may cause your request to be returned to you.
- For copies of any records not relating to a specific traffic incident, please send a written request to:
WSP Public Records Manager
PO Box 42631
By E-mail: You may also e-mail your request to the Webmaster at email@example.com by filling out and attaching the Request for Public Records form or by following the directions for submitting written requests as provided in the paragraph above.
Via Internet: You may also submit your request electronically by completing the on-line form. To complete the on-line form, please go to the Request for Public Records Web Form.
In Person: Walk-ins are accepted at any WSP office location. At that time, you will be asked to complete a Request for Public Records form.
Once the records have been collected, they will be sent to you. Any records that are exempt from disclosure will be withheld and identified according to Revised Code of Washington, RCW 42.56.
- The WSP charges 15 cents a page for documents and the actual costs for duplicating audiotapes, videotapes, photographs, and computer diskettes, according to RCW 42.56.070 (7) and (8) and RCW 42.56.120. You may be pre-billed for the records.
- Exemption and Prohibition - Statutes Not Listed in Chapter 42.56 RCW
Back to Top
Public Records Index
Below is a listing of Washington State Patrol (WSP) manuals and reports as required by RCW 42.56.070 . See also WAC Chapter 446-10.
- Alphabetical List - A listing of all the manuals and reports contained in this index.
- Field Operations Bureau - Commercial Vehicle Division and Districts 1 through 8 (Field Force)
- Fire Protection Bureau - Prevention and Preparedness Divisions (Fire Training Academy)
- Forensic Laboratory Services Bureau - Crime Laboratory Division - Toxicology Laboratory Division - Impaired Driving Section
- Investigative Services Bureau - Criminal Investigation Division (Vehicle Identification Section) - Criminal Records Division (ACCESS Section - Collision Records Section - Identification Section) - Homeland Security Division - Investigative Assistance Division - Office of Professional Standards - Special Operations Division (Aviation Section - Executive Services Section)
- Office of the Chief -
Audit Inspection Division - Budget and Fiscal Services -Government and
Media Relations Division (Equipment and Standards Section)
- Technical Services Bureau -
Communications Division- Electronic Services Division - Human Resource Division - Information Technology
Division - Property Management Division (Facilities Management
Section - Fleet Section - Logistics Section) - Risk Management
Division (Administrative Services Section - Evidence Section - Public
Disclosure Section - Strategic Planning and Performance Section)
- Training Division
WSP District Headquarter Offices by County:
- Pierce/Thurston Counties - 2502 112th Street E,
Tacoma, WA 98445-5104
- King County - 2803 156th Avenue SE,
Bellevue, WA 98007-6599
- Asotin/Benton/Columbia/Franklin/Garfield/Walla Walla/Yakima Counties - 2715 Rudkin Road,
Union Gap, WA 98903-1795
- Adams/Ferry/Lincoln/Stevens/Pend Oreille/Spokane/Whitman Counties - PO Box 19130,
Spokane, WA 99219-9130
- Clark/Cowlitz/Lewis/Klickitat/Skamania Counties - 11018 NE 51st Circle,
Vancouver, WA 98682-6686
- Chelan/Douglas/Kittitas/Grant/Okanogan Counties - 2822 Euclid Avenue,
Wenatchee, WA 98801-5916
- Island/San Juan/Skagit/Snohomish/Whatcom Counties - 2700 116th NE,
Marysville, WA 98271-9425
- Clallam/Grays Harbor/Mason/Jefferson/Kitsap/Pacific/ Wahkiakum Counties - 4811 Werner Road,
Bremerton, WA 98312-3333
Please note that some of the documents provided on this page are available in Adobe® PDF format only and will require the Adobe® Reader in order to view or print them from your Web browser.
Back to Top