2019 Kiwanis Youth Law Enforcement Camp
July 28 @ 8:00 am - August 2 @ 5:00 pm
About the Event
The purpose of the Kiwanis Youth camp is to provide selected high school juniors and seniors, with an interest in a career in law enforcement, an opportunity to explore the various areas of job opportunities in that field. It offers exposure to problems encountered by law enforcement officers on a daily basis and how to handle these situations in a professional manner.
The Washington State Patrol and other police departments provide officers as staff to instruct and be counselors to the students. This gives students a variety of experiences and expertise in other areas of federal, state, county, and local law enforcement.
With each class a close bond is formed and lasting friendships are made. Approximately 80% of the students go on to law enforcement careers.
Space is available for only 20 students!
• Evidence Gathering, Forensic Science and Presentation
• Court Room Procedures
• Weapon Safety, Shoot-Don’t Shoot classes
• Drills (using Firearms Automated Training Simulator – no real firearms used)
• Military Drill and Flag Ceremony Drills
• Stress Management and Preparation
• Computers in Law Enforcement
• Physical Fitness and Self Defense – Defensive Tactics
• Nobility in Policing
• Water Safety
• Police Ethics
Application Coming Soon…
• Robert & Victoria Daly
• Ann & Gregory Boren
• Auburn Police Association
• Kennewick Police Association
• Nisqually Indian Tribe
• Also Sponsored by grants from local Kiwanis Clubs in Washington and Oregon