Trooper Career Cadet Testing & Hiring Process
Effective August 1, 2015 the WSP is excited to be partnering with Public Safety Testing for our Trooper Cadet written and physical exams.
Our testing process consists of four phases. Click one of the buttons below to jump to the phase you're interested in learning more about. See the bottom of this page for Additional Testing Information and Information for Out of State Applicants.
Phase One - Written/ Physical Fitness Exam
Please refer to Public Safety Testing for further details and information.
- DON'T FORGET to select "Washington State Patrol" or we won't get your scores.
Phase Two - Polygraph/ Background
Phase Two consists of a pre-employment polygraph examination and an extensive background investigation.
- Business attire
- Personal History Statement
Personal History Form needs to be filled out entirely and uploaded to Public Saftey Testing at the time of your written exam.
- All applicants are required to submit to a pre-employment polygraph examination. Once the polygraph has been completed, the background investigation begins.
- The background investigation solicits information about the applicant by contacting personal references, employers, neighbors, friends, school, law enforcement agencies, etc. The background investigation averages two to three months to complete.
- Applicants will be notified by email whether or not their accumulative scores will advance them to an eligibility roster. In complicance with federal law, all persons accepting a conditional offer of employment will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form. Hiring of the applicant is contingent upon the successful completion of Phase Four.
Phase Three - Oral Board
Applicants will be notified if they qualified to advance to Phase Three Oral Board.
The oral board interview consists of general personal background questions and situational questions requiring the applicant to formulate a response to solve or deal with a given problem.
- Business attire.
Phase Four - Psychological/ Medical Exam
- Business attire.
Phase Four consists of the following:
- Medical Examination
- Written Psychological Test
- Psychological Interview
All applicants are required to provide evidence of a current Tuberculosis Skin Test (TB - at your own expense).
Out of State Applicants
- Please contact PublicSafteyTesting.com for out of state exams.