MECTF · Missing & Exploited Children Task Force
The Missing & Exploited Children Task Force (MECTF) is a multi-agency task force focused on identifying, arresting and convicting those individuals who exploit children. Crimes investigated by MECTF include:
- Communication with a minor for immoral purposes
- Sexual exploitation of a minor
- Possession of depictions of minors engaged in sexually explicit conduct
- Dealing in depictions of minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct
You can help MECTF put a stop to those who victimize our children. Pursuant to RCW 13.60.110(4), the Washington State Patrol is directed to seek financial assistance in the form of grants and gifts to support the work of the task force.
DONATE HERE - Please make checks payable to MECTF
For questions or support please contact us at (360) 704-2410
What can MECTF do for me?
- MECTF is available to provide on-site assistance, case management, and training.
- MECTF works closely with Federal, State, and Local agencies to accomplish it’s mission.
- MECTF is available to assist agencies that do not have the resources or training necessary to investigate crimes against children.
What is child sexual exploitation?
Child exploitation includes the following:
- Possession, Manufacture, and Distribution of Child Pornography
- Enticement of Children for Sexual Acts
- Child Prostitution
- Child Sex Tourism
- Child Sexual Molestation
How big of a problem is child exploitation?
The sexual victimization of children is overwhelming in magnitude yet largely unrecognized and underreported. Research indicates that 1 in 5 girls and 1 in 10 boys will be sexually victimized before adulthood.*
*Provided courtesy of National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Tips for Parents:
- Know where your children are at all times
- Know your children’s friends, their parents, addresses, and all phone numbers
- Be alert to teens and/or other adults over-interested in your children
- Teach your children to trust their feelings - it’s okay to say NO
- Be careful when choosing providers for your children
- Be involved and spend time with your children when they are online
- Never give out personal information in chat rooms or forums
- Tell your children to let you know when they receive obscene or suggestive messages
Washington State Patrol - MECTF
Investigative Assistance Division
PO Box 2347
Olympia WA 98507-2347
Phone: (360) 704-2410
Fax: (360) 704-2973
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children: www.ncmec.org